The Klondike Snowmobile Association is a volunteer, non-profit organization formed in 1981 to represent snowmobilers in the Yukon Territory of Canada. Our mission is to “protect, develop and enhance the sport and recreation of snowmobiling in the Yukon.”
We do this four ways…
- We are a major participant in the building, marking, maintaining, and grooming of multi-use trails throughout the Yukon. Our volunteers and equipment are out on the trails almost daily working for you, year-round.
- We represent Yukon snowmobilers at local, territorial, national and international levels. We are proud to be the Yukon member of several national and international groups such as the Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations, and our volunteers also dedicate several hours each month to local meetings to make sure snowmobilers’ concerns are heard during the writing of any new bylaws or trail plans in the Yukon.
- We do our best to give back to the community by organizing group snowmobile rides and activities, and also by keeping Yukoners informed about current trail conditions, snowmobile related news and events, and more, via our website, Facebook, Twitter and newsletters.
- We work year-round to actively support and promote safe snowmobiling.
In addition to the above, the K.S.A. is also the official Trans Canada Trail agent for the Yukon Territory. For more information on the Trans Canada Trail and the K.S.A.’s connection to it, please visit our Trans Canada Trail page.
The K.S.A. is run entirely by unpaid volunteers, and the vast majority of our work is done by unpaid volunteers. The cost of supplies and equipment is covered by a combination of membership fees, donations, and grants. New members and volunteers are always welcome, for more information on volunteering or becoming a member please visit our Membership page today! While you’re there check out the list of Membership Benefits we offer – the discounts you get will more than cover the cost of your membership. You don’t need to volunteer any of your time, and you don’t even need to own a snowmobile. In fact each year many non-snowmobilers join the K.S.A. just for the benefits alone.
Our website was created right here in the Yukon with generous help from PR Services. The website and our social media pages are maintained and updated entirely by K.S.A. volunteers. Because of this we rely heavily on feedback from both our members and the general public to keep our website up to date, so please do contact us with any comments, suggestions, additions or corrections!
Your membership fees and donations to the K.S.A. go directly to supporting:
- Maintenance, grooming and signage of multi-use trails throughout the Yukon
- Access to and development of the Trans Canada Trail
- Community snowmobile events
- A strong, unified voice for Yukon Snowmobilers
- Snowmobile education and safety programs
- A winter tourism industry
The Klondike Snowmobile Association is a proud member of the following organizations:
- Trans Canada Trail Foundation
- International Snowmobile Council
- Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations
- Safe Riders Program
- International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association
- Sport Yukon
- Tourism Industry Association of the Yukon
- Wilderness Tourism Association
- Yukon Alpine Association
- Yukon Avalanche Association
- Yukon Trappers Association
- Yukon Quest