K.S.A. Update – October 2020
06 October 2020 – Klondike Snowmobile Association
The Klondike Snowmobile Association held our Annual General Meeting on 05 October 2020, during which we reviewed the past season, elected our 2020/2021 Board of Directors, and discussed the upcoming season.
We are happy to report that despite the COVID-19 pandemic the Klondike Snowmobile Association had another successful year…
- Several of our projects were delayed or downsized because of the pandemic, however our volunteers were still able to do a ton of work on the trails and behind the scenes.
- Most of our 2019/2020 group rides took place before the pandemic fully set in and fun was had by all.
- We remain financially stable, and despite some hiccups most of our equipment is still working well, leaving us in good shape for the upcoming season.
- We continued to set records in the memberships department, and continue to offer many great membership benefits.
- We maintained good relationships with governments and many other community groups.
The results of the Board election have the 2020/2021 Board of Directors remaining the same as 2019/2020, and we are all looking forward to serving you for another year!
Looking forward to 2020/2021 we are anticipating another successful year…
- Memberships renewals are still available, and new members are always welcome! We are continuing to offer a long list of membership benefits, check out the Membership section of our website for details. Please note 2020/2021 memberships and renewals are only available through on-line, mail-in and drop off, and we are not doing in-person membership renewals due to COVID-19 concerns. We are encouraging everyone to please consider the online membership form and e-transfer payment options when possible.
- Our equipment is serviceable and ready to go for another season. If you are interested in volunteering please let us know.
- Our events and meetings will likely continue to be limited by COVID-19 restrictions, but as most of our snowmobile events are outdoors with helmets on and ample room for distancing we are still expecting to host a few group rides over the winter. Keep an eye on our Events page for details.
- Our monthly board meetings will likely also continue to be limited by COVID-19 restrictions, however for any questions, comments or concerns the Board will continue to be available through e-mail, phone, text and social media.
- We are currently working with the City of Whitehorse, Yukon Government, Trans Canada Trail, and several other community groups on a variety of projects to make the Yukon’s multi-use trail network better for you!