Easter Weekend Snowmobiling
05 April 2023 – Klondike Snowmobile Association
Hi all! Easter weekend is almost here, and as usual many snowmobilers will be heading up to the Summits for some great mountain riding. BC Parks has kindly asked us to share a safety message and it brings up some great general purpose reminders for all snowmobilers to keep in mind…
Spring is here and the Easter weekend is rapidly approaching.
Snowmobiling enthusiasts planning on heading into the backcountry within Tatshenshini-Alsek Provincial Park are reminded of the following:
- Prior to departure, check the Avalanche Canada website for updated forecasts for the Haines Road/Tatshenshini-Alsek Park and be aware of snow conditions. All snowmobilers travelling in the backcountry are doing so at their own risk. Snowmobilers should be experienced and trained in winter/spring recreation, carry all proper safety equipment, and be prepared in avalanche safety and companion rescue techniques.
- Stay within the snowmobile zone. Download a snowmobile map or a KMZ file from the park website in advance.
- Ride responsibly. Review the Tatshenshini Alsek snowmobile brochure
- Be a responsible recreator and backcountry visitor. Pack out what you pack in, respect wildlife, obey staff and signage, and treat other park users respectfully.
- Use temporary washroom facilities. Three temporary outhouses have been set up for the event along the highway corridor.
BC Park staff alongside other agencies will be patrolling Tatshenshini-Alsek Park over the Easter weekend to monitor public safely and compliance. We wish you a fun, safe, and enjoyable weekend adventure – thank you in advance for you understanding and complying with the rules.BC PARKs